Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Buddha and the villager - a story about fogiveness

TO BE A MOTHER AND TO BE A GURU IS THE MOST DIFFICULT THING.

“….I do not know what comes first, but, of course, every mother wants her child to be good and the Holy Mother wants Her child to be a holy person. The first thing is the holiness.



Now for that, how can you compel someone? Only thing that makes you understand is this — that if you don’t become holy, how will you get your ascent? We have to be holy. What discipline one can put for making a person holy? What can you force? What can you get angry for? Only method I use normally is to forgive. Maybe the forgiveness is the highest quality, I think, for teaching people. When they know that they have done wrong and they confess it, then you have to forgive.



Like in the life of Buddha, there was a man who was abusing Him without understanding and when he finished with his abuses and Buddha had left, people told him, “Do you know whom you were abusing? It was Lord Buddha.” Got a fright of his life.


He said, “Where is He gone?”


“He has gone to the another village.”

So went to another village and he said, “Sir, I am sorry what I said. Please forgive me. It’s all wrong and I should not have done it. You can punish me the way you like.”


Lord Buddha said, “When did you do that?”

He said, “Yesterday.”


He said, “I don’t know yesterday. I know only today.”


You see, when you tell these things, how great one feels, isn’t it? So your greatness, your nobility will definitely influence people. It's not by fighting, by quarrelling, by saying harsh things it is going to work out.


( H.H.Shri Mataji, Shri Guru Puja, Italy, 04.07.1993)

No comments:

Our Divine Mother..!