Monday, November 30, 2009

NANAKA

At ten years of age His mother thought it was time He took part in sacred thread ceremony.




As the thread was being put over Nanaka’s neck, Nanaka cried, “Wait, Sir, why must I wear this thread? Will it make me good and kind?


“I’ m not sure.”


“Then it is of no use to me. Give me instead a thread of mercy and contentment.”


“A tree is known from the fruits it bears, so a man’s religion is known from the deeds that he performs. Robes, symbols, forms, rites, rituals and ceremonies that do not lead to righteous deeds will not take man far in the path of spiritual progress.


The real problem is to rid the mind of evil propensities. If that’s not accomplished all our austerities are of no avail.”


“This body is a palace and it is the house of God. Within it God kept the infinite flame.”


(DCB January- February 2005)

No comments:

Our Divine Mother..!